It is that time of the year again where all the talented and versatile Fashion Designers of our country come together and showcase their Talents and Resplendent work.
The 27th edition of Amazon Fashion Week Autumn Winter 2016 in association with Maybelline New York, is back.
Spring Summer (SS16) took place in Okhla NSIC Grounds, and Autumn Winter (AW16) will soon be commenced at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
It’s a Five Day long event (16 – 20th March).
Amongst all the participating designers, Sanjay Garg took lead and did the opening for AIFW – SS16 .
This time Varun Bahl will be showcasing his collection marking the beginning of AIFW – AW16.
So all the Fashionistas and Trend Setter’s, gear up & get ready to witness a pool of surprises coming up this AIFW, as FDCI lines up Menswear Fashion & an Accessory Show launching new age designers!
Amazon Fashion Week has always emphasized on Fabrics, Flattering Silhouettes, New Styles and Cuts, Color Schemes and has given a Huge Impetus to the brilliant craftsmanship of Designers.
The FDCI (fashion design council of India) has announced the schedule of shows lined up and the list of participating designers.
Designers who will make your eyes pop out:
- Varun Bahl- He is known for his Generous use of Exotic Motif, Rich Luminous Tones and his Luxurious Hybrid Styles.
- Anita Dongre-” Weddings are made in heaven , but it takes the prefect balance to make a wedding feel heavenly”. It is her who can fulfill the dream of our bride perfectly.She brings an evolved fusion of fashionable elements and classic couture.
- Rajesh Pratap Singh- Has been a show stealer by maintaining his signature style of pin tucks, experimenting with color palettes by using bright hues such as fuchsia and coral.
- Gaurav Gupta – One of my favorite designers whose designs are unique, sensual and exotic, he works very closely with lines and the motion of fabric. Extempore Draping (improvising fabrics into graceful folds or attractive lines) has created a signature look for him.
- Rina Dhaka- She has been one of the most creative and dynamic fashion designer. She’s known for her innovative textile skills in Indian wear and her International sensibilities for western outfits.
- Gauri and Nanika- The sister duo offer glamorous, elegant and chic clothing for women. Femininity forms is the essence of their label.
- Namrata Joshipura- She is known for her innovative textures and bold colors. She’s also named as the Queen of Prêt in India.
- Shantanu and Nikhil- They are admired for their perfect blend of contemporary with vintage. Figure flattering silhouettes with fluid drapes,graphic textures and asymmetrical sleeves is their signature style.
Written by: Hina Mehra